Saturday, September 1, 2012

9.1.12 Things that make me happy
New Stamps!  This morning I went to the post office.  There were 15 people in line, as is common for Saturday morning.  There was one postal employee at a cash register.  Also common for Saturday morning! I love the new Bonsai tree stamps.  60 of those, and 20 each of the Pixar designs.
When making small talk with clients on the phone, topics are things like the weather, and wishing them a nice holiday weekend.  People kept asking me if I had plans.  Nope.  Just a normal, quiet weekend at home.  I did the dishes, ran errands, started laundry, watered flowers, and when I'm done with this post, am going out to my flower bed to weed and cut out little pesty trees that keep growing in there. I guess you can count a normal weekend at home with nothing planned as another thing that makes me happy.
Another happy thing was rolls and donuts from Daylight Donuts this morning. We do this about every other Saturday.  There just isn't enough time on a weekday morning.  Joe's requests...a chocolate covered butterfly and a jelly filled bismark. I have a "glorius morn" muffin, which has shredded carrots, nuts, and sometimes raisins in it.  And a coconut glazed cake donut.  Dan likes glazed old fashioned. Em likes the twisted rolls with granulated sugar.  Sadly, they were out of those today!
Charlie and Lizzy came to the door to see if Joey could play. He was watching cartoons in his boxer briefs.  i told Charlie and Lizzy Joe would come and find them after he was dressed and brushed his teeth. I asked Joe to pick out his clothes.  He said, "Mom, I'm just not that guy today." Good grief.

September special dates:

  • Great Grandma Faye's birthday, September 1st
  • Grandpa Jerry's birthday, September 17th
  • Lois and Mike's anniversary, September 29th



1 comment:

  1. Love the stamps! A few weeks ago I got Ryan a cream filled long john topped with Maple and, are you ready?? BACON! not because it looked good but it was funny and a good conversation piece, lol. joe's quote makes me laugh! Ryan's b-day is Sept 22-fell on a Saturday : )
    The 15th marks my 26th yr at Safeway, feels like 27...

    ReplyDelete