Sunday, September 2, 2012

9.1.12  Fishing
We spend time in different ways with our children.  Yesterday Em and I went to Shopko so I could buy a new camera.  It's a small one, not a nice cameral, but I needed something with more than 1 pixel for blogging photos.  Also, I want to be able to order prints with ease.  The Canon Power Shot has 16.1 pixels, 5zoom, and is the size of a deck of cards. It was "on sale." We nearly missed one of my important requirements...needs rechargable battery that plugs into the wall, not AA batteries! Emily is happy to accompany on tasks such as these...carwash, shopko, stop at Coborn's for supper ingredients, etc.  Earlier yesterday morning a new season of the Pioneer woman kicked off. Her menu was lime/tequila marinated chicken breasts, black bean refried beans, mexican rice, and mango margaritas.  Joe said, "Why don't you ever cook her recipes mom?
1.I don't have 12 limes and tequila on hand in the pantry.
2. The only who would would eat smashes black beans fried in butter is me!
3.  The mexican rice included 2 cans of whole tomatoes and 1 can of diced tomatoes, so again, the only one who would eat it is me.
4.  Don't have 4 jars of mangos on hand (or the tequila), (or the coarse sugar for the rims of the glasses) either.

I still enjoy watching Ree Drummond, and her family, even if I'm not going to make the recipes. She inspired me to step up my supper plans, but still draw on what was mostly in the pantry.  We had dijon and honey marinated chicken breasts, cheesy hashbrown casserole (Em's fave) and fresh brussel sprouts.  Katie joined us for supper because Jordan had a DWU football game to attend.  After dinner, Katie, Emily, and I played the LOGO game. It was fun.  Emily getting an entire card correct because the topic was "Blackberry" was a fun moment.  The three of us have no knowledge of car logos, so Katie getting 3 of 4 questions correct was a fun moment also.  She knew that the car logo of "capital B with wings" represented Bentley, because Kim Kardashian bought a Bentley.  My strong card in the LOGO game was the Betty Crocker card. Go figure!

Joe has been asking Dan when they will go fishing. Dan bought a license yesterday, and had found rod/reel for Joe at Cabela's.  They went out to the lake after supper.  Someone was already in the spot they had scouted out, so they went to a floating dock, which Joey liked because "it moved".
Joey made a successful catch, a catfish, but they had to throw it back due to its small size. 
Joe said he had 2 other bites, but the fish got away with his worms both times. Dan and Joe smelled like fish when they got home, but a good time was had by both of them.  
Meanwhile, back at home, Em and I were watching the movie Poseidon, and also the "making of the movie", which is always interesting how they film the special effects. Please, no one go on a cruise ever again, or I will worry about a rogue wave crashing your ship!

1 comment: