Tuesday, February 5, 2013

1.31.13 Abuela and I Agree

On the 30th I posted that I was thinking of Cara, on her 5th birthday.  I used to tell my students that the days my children were born were the 5 greatest days of my life.  I would bring daylight donuts to school, because many children don't get that treat.  My students would say, "Which one of your kids was born this day?" They would also say, "But the day you got married is one of the best days of your life too!"  I said, "Yes, weddings are celebrations of commitment, so they are certainly happy days.  But marriage is a decision.  You can choose to be married, choose to stay married, or choose not to be married anymore.  The day a child is born you are in a presence of a miracle, and everyone of you is a miracle that deserves to be celebrated.  If you had not been born to your parents, exactly when you were, you and I would not be here together today."  I feel strongly about birthdays!  So, as I posted about Cara, I was thinking about her.  It is certainly hard for Renia, and her brothers and sisters, to be separated from her.  I was thinking if she were here, we would make sure she had cake!
Well...Abuela and I agree.  Looking at these photos make me very happy.  Cara has extended family that loves her.  One of Cara's aunts, Tia, posted these photos for Renia.

The cake is bigger than the girl!  Love the Hello Kitty theme! 

Stylish Cara, dressing up for her birthday.
Papa, helping her bash the pinata!  But what I love about this photo, is that she is surrounded by her family.
And I was worried that she might not have presents!

Abuela and I agree.  

No comments:

Post a Comment