Saturday, October 6, 2012

9-29-12 Weekend in the hills

Matthew Thomas was able to stay overnight with us at the motel.  He and Joey had fun playing with Legos.  The next morning we swam in the pool.  It made me smile when Matthew said, "Daddy, I can't swim in this "deep" water!"  He had a life jacket on!  Zach was encouraging him, and Matthew said, "I'm doing it, I'm doing it!"
We also spent some time at the city park in Spearfish, which has a wonderful wooden structure.
That's Grandpa Dan (or as Matthew said once, Grandan) pushing Matthew, and Joey can pump on his own.  He's the blurr.  I think I took 10 swinging photos and Joey was a blurr in each one!  I need a stellar Nikon like Emily's.
We really enjoyed our time at the Fish Hatchery there.  They were setting up for a wedding there.  It was so beautiful, with the autumn colors.  Joey was all about feeding the fish! And the ducks.

We ate at the Pizza Lab in Center City.  When Zach worked at Terry Peak, he used to stop there for pizza.  It was wonderful place, very eclectic. Not only did they have a great pizza menu, but good beer selection ( I drank Polygemy Porter...(Why have just one?  I like porter and stout, and it was similar to Guiness.) and good ice cream.  (Almond Joy...it was delicious.)  Beer, Pizza, and icecream...yes, we spent quite a while there!  The building was old, filled with random signs, pictures, art, and arcade games and pool tables.  Fun place, and Joe is still asking when we can return.  it was even a WiFi hotspot, so Zach could assist Joey with downloading a new game on his kindle fire.  So good to have Zach home safely, and to spend time with Matthew and family friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment