Friday, October 26, 2012

10.26.12 School Pumpkin Contest entries

I know what you're thinking....first the quilt show, now the school pumpkin contest.  Must Stacie take us everywhere she goes?  Yes, I can't resist!  Over my lunch hour yesterday I zipped over to school, so I could see the entries kids had brought.  Here are some highlights...
Sports category:  "Wrestler" and Marlins


Next, the animal category...
This was the winning angry bird.  Joe was a bit discouraged, as this angry bird had a heavy "parent" hand!  Emily, send this "hello kitty" to Kali!
Family of Angry Birds, shiny, and nicely done. 
Kadence's cat and Joe's angry bird.
From siblings...an owl and a cat!
Kobi's spider!

Another amazing owl.
These are from Joey's friends.  I like the pig. 
This was a top prize winner...a puffer fish! The family glued candy corn on for the pokey spikes! 
Here's where we enter the fairy tale category. Isn't this crack paint amazing?  This was painted by a 6th grader.
Cinderella's coach...with the My Little Pony touch!


Shrek...

Pumpkin princesses!
And finally, the "faith" category...Larry the Cucumber from Veggie Tales and an angel.

It was simply a fun way to spend about 10 minutes, appreciating everyone's hard work. 

This weekend I will try to post about moving mom.  It has been an adventure.  Just a busy week, with the move, basketball, scouts, s
Scouting for Food, and tomorrow picking up the food for Scouting for Food. Not to mention 3 dental appointments~!

3 comments:

  1. These kids can paint better than me! Even Phin. Maybe it's because he's left handed...aren't those the creative ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there was a lot of parental help, but I loved the puffer fish!

    ReplyDelete