Sunday, October 7, 2012

10.7.12 Boy Scout Popcorn & Cuts for Cancer

This morning we went to 11:30 mass.  Father Larry had a really good homily about marriage/divorce.  He was talking about the translation differences in language, and how the hebrew word used in the biblical passage for marriage has a definition meaning something similar to "being in the trenches" with someone.  I feel that way about Dan, that we have enjoyed the happy times, and supported each other in difficult times.  After mass, we decided to use the Culvers gift cards we have left over from the school's fundraiser night.  Recently I learned that our Culvers is the single busiest location of any Culvers location in the entire franchise.  I believe it. When staying there, I have never had a shorter wait than 20 minutes for my food, and their drive through experience is a good 15 minutes. From Culvers, I went directly to Hollywood Style.  They were doing a "Cuts for Cancer fundraiser today. My stylist got out the razor, and literally took about 4 inches off the sides in the front.  I LOVE it.  It will be easy to take care of.
Later this afternoon, Joe and I went door to door selling Boy Scout popcorn. If a Boy Scout comes to your door, keep in mind that 70% of the price goes directly to the scouting programs.
It's hard to believe the day has gotten away from us.  I have to start thinking about fixing supper.

1 comment: