Wednesday, January 30, 2013

1.30.13 Priority Club Points

I've never been good at using the "points" accumulated for airlines and hotels.  Last year I received an email encouraging me to use up my free discover award points for a kindle fire, which I did, for Joe.  My goal is to become better at utilizing this benefit!  Priority Club points are for Holiday Inn/express chains.  I made a reservation for Joe's hockey tournament Saturday, and used points for the first time.  The first thing I learned is that you have to call the 1-800 reservation number to use priority club points, not the individual motel.  However, I spoke with them first...so I knew they had a king sized bed suite with pull out sofa available!  Also, I learned that the points are typically only allowed to be used for 2 adults, and that the motel doesn't have to allow kids to stay.  However, this motel did, and was fine with it.  We also have invited Emily to meet us there, for Target shopping, pool time, and just a winter getaway day, and time with Joe.  She will actually only see one game before leaving to return to school, so she can drive in daylight hours.
Anyway, back to the priority club points....the value of the room is $129.99 for one night's stay, and I have enough points for one more night, which I may use next weekend in another location.  I may have to pay taxes...not sure yet, but still a sweet deal.  It makes me realize I should have been more diligent about using the points, as I've had twice the number expire that I have now.
So...credit card rewards, points for flying, and points for motels, are my goals, in addition to my favorite reward program of all time...the Kmart points, which also apply to Sears and LandsEnd.  I LOVE getting cash back, and I've gotten over $100 in cash back since I starting using the Kmart Rewards card. What does the Shopko card do for us?  NOTHING! Here are my faves..Kmart rewards, and priority club points for holiday inn express.

No comments:

Post a Comment