Tuesday, January 1, 2013

1.1.2013 Happy New Year!

Here's a photo of Joe last night....bringing in the New Year with easy cheese and crackers.

He learned how to get the cheese out of the can all by himself.
We watched "Diary of a Whimpy Kid" movie with him, as well as a Nickelodeon movie titled "Rags."  Not how I ever in my wildest dreams imagined ringing in the new year.  Emily celebrated at Katie and Jordan's place.  No one truly made it to midnight.  In fact, I woke up when Emily came home.  I came downstairs to find Dan and Joe asleep in the living room.  I broke out my Downton Abbey dvds, and started season one! I was addicted at the first episode.  The series opens with the sinking of the Titanic in the newspapers, and explores so many things...multigenerational family relationships, the relationships of servants/staff vs. the manor born/wealthy/privileged, the limitations of a woman's role during those times, etc.  I am 4 episodes in, and seriously hooked on the series.  I might try to get through all of seasons 1 & 2 before the start of season 3 on PBS.

I just searched for recipies for "Hoppin' John."  It's supposed to be good luck on new year's day to eat black eyed peas. emeril seems to have the best recipe, but Paula Deen's is simpler.  I may go with a mix of both, and leave out the peppers.  Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment