Monday, July 1, 2013

7.1.13 July is Here!

Dan and i have been working in the yard over the weekend.  We planted 4 tomatoes, 4 green pepper and one jalapeno plant.  We have never planted anything so late in a growing season.

Here is my favorite new addition to the back yard.  I love goats, and if I had the room, I'd have a real one!  Dan bought this one for our yard.  It reminds me of the Three Billy Goats Gruff, because it is positioned near the fort and the bridge.  I'm going to have to think of a name for it.
Dan bought this bird bath 7 years ago at the end of the season at Menards. It's been in the basement in a box.  He bought a round paving stone, and dug that into the ground for the base. Dad placed this where the old tree stump used to be, surrounded by the wooden shutters, when Dad built that as a pen for Emily 's turtles.  As you can see, we need some wood chips around this to beautify!
This Clematis vine is blooming.  It will bloom through frost if I remember to water it.  I planted it along the fence line, and there are some tree seedlings growing up from Judy's side. When I water my flower, I end up watering those trees!
I can't recall who, but a friend gave me this paving stone when Dad passed away.  Dan put it in the flower bed, with some fresh wood chips.
Joanna surprised me one day by bringing me the gift of this handing basket. Truly, I don't know the names of the three types of flowers, but all are surprisingly hearty in hot sun and wind.  The large pink blossoms are striking, but I love the little yellow blossoms as well.  They close at night, and open around 10 a.m.
Another deck favorite addition, the cooler Zach and Renia gave me for mother's day.  So colorful and cheerful.

Finally, Dan hung Joe's bird feeder from the deck.  It was a challenge to find a spot where the cats won't attack! This is Joe's attempt at the fleur des lis design. He painted his pack number on the other side of the roof.
Happy Summer everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love everything!! It looks like a peaceful,beautiful and fun place to spend time :)

    ReplyDelete