Saturday, April 6, 2013

3.30.13 Farmer's Casserole

I just noticed this recipe is called "Farmer's Casserole."  I've been calling it egg bake all week!  It's the most successful egg bake recipe I've used, and one I will make again.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.

Spread 6 cups hashbrowns in the bottom of the pan. (1 1/2 packages of Simply Potatoes)
2 cups shredded cheddar
2 cups diced ham (When  I make it again, I will increase this to 3-4 cups of ham. It would also be great with bacon or sausage.)
1/4 cup chopped green onion

Over this, mix and pour:
8 eggs
2 12 ounce cans of evaporated milk

1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.

This is great leftover as well, heated up in the microwave.

I told Zach not to tell Matthew Thomas there were eggs in it!  It's delicious, and would be great to take to a pot luck as a main dish.  Perfect for using leftover Easter ham too.

No comments:

Post a Comment